Pick up the current application at the Pantry during distribution.
“It’s one less thing to worry about when I know my pets are fed. They provide a lot of hope and sometimes much needed comedic relief from the situation we find ourselves in. Despite what negative things might be going on around us, pets are happy to just be with us and make no judgments. We are the center of their world and life without them would be darker. I don’t have to feel guilty that I’m not properly taking care of my pet. It lessens the finacial burden for veterinary costs when the cost of food is covered. I’m just grateful that the founders of this pantry recognized the need for this service and how devastating it can be to give up your pet if you don’t have the resources to feed them.” Happy Pet Parent
“As a Pet Food Pantry recipient, I consider myself blessed by the generosity and kindness of this wonderful organization. After losing my job I found myself not only in a difficult financial situation but also worrying about what would happen to my pets if I could no longer care for them. Thanks to the Pantry, that was one huge worry lifted off my shoulders. As a Pantry volunteer, I meet people every month who join me in saying “these people are angels”. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again!” Grateful pet parent
If possible, please print the application, fill out both pages and bring to the next distribution.
Thank you for seeking out a service to help keep your pet in your home! We are happy to help.
Below are our pantry guidelines:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old.
- Applicant must be the pet’s owner.
- Only one person per household can apply for services.
- You must have had your pet(s) for 6 months to be eligible.
- You may only receive food assistance from us one (1) time per month.
- We offer temporary pet food for people in need. We are not a permanent source of pet food.
- We reserve the right to make exceptions to how much or often we donate to an individual based on need.
- Food is on a first come, first served basis.
- We provide enough food to feed each animal for approximately one (1) month, with a maximum of 40 lbs. per animal.
- We reserve the right to refuse anyone under any circumstances.
- You are not allowed to resell the pet food. If we find out you have, you are no longer allowed to use our services.
- We consider special requests for certain formulas or flavors of dog and cat food (ie. Senior, Indoor, etc), but are only able to give what we have at the time the request is made.
- Recipients must be present to receive assistance.
- We are unable to offer pet food deliveries
- We are unable to provide assistance to breeders, groups feeding feral animals or to rescue group foster parents.
- All recipients must agree to not have any animal outside, on a rope or chain 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We are providing a service to the community and ask that recipients only take what they need.
- We accept all kinds of pet food. By accepting food and/or services from the Pantry, the recipient, all household members, their friends and family agree not to hold the Pantry, its staff, volunteers, and benefactors legally liable in the unfortunate event the recipient’s pet(s) becomes ill or the food upsets the pet’s stomach.
- When one receives pet food from the Pantry, they are made aware of the potential risks involved with feeding their pet(s) a new food, since it’s unlikely the pet food received is the recipient’s usual brand(s).